HAVERHILL, MA – The Haverhill Firefighting Museum is located in the Historic Armory Building, 75 Kenoza Ave., Haverhill. Beginning May 4, the museum will be open on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Admission is $3.00 for adults, and one dollar for children. Upcoming events are listed below.
May 4 - Opening Day Celebration. Bring your camera and snap a picture with our mascot, “Dottie” the Dalmatian on an actual fire truck. Complete our scavenger hunt and win a prize. Take a tour, relax and do a craft project. Learn something new about fire prevention. Refreshments will be served. Opening Day Family Special Rate is $5.00.
May 11 - Story Hour with “Dottie” the Dalmatian, from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m.
May 18 - “The Great Conflagration of 1882”. At 11:00 a.m., there will be a showing of Jay Cleary’s documentary “The Great Conflagration,” remembering Haverhill's Great Fire of 1882. Relax and enjoy the show. Popcorn will be served.
May 25 - Memorial Day Weekend. Memorial Weekend is a good time to drop by and view our WWII memorial to COA, the 182nd Infantry Division that left from the Armory Building, as well as our memorial to Haverhill Firefighters from the 1880's to present day.
For more information, visit www.haverhillfirefightingmuseum.org or cal 978-372-4061.