CarriageTowneNews.com, Kingston, NH

Elections

March 14, 2012

Plaistow Town Results

(Continued)

Article P-12-05: Shall the Town vote to raise and appropriate the sum of $85,000 for the engineering study phase services for the replacement of the Westville Road Bridge over the Little River (NHDOT Bridge No. 122/072), a Town-owned and maintained bridge. The Town will be reimbursed 80% ($68,000) of the actual engineering costs by the New Hampshire Department of Transportation (NHDOT) through the NHDOT Municipal Managed Bridge Aid Program. The remaining 20% of the costs ($17,000) shall be funded by the Town through taxation. This is a non-lapsing appropriation per RSA 32:7, VI.

Appropriation: $85,000

NHDOT Bridge Aid Reimbursement: -$68,000

Amount to be raised from 2012 taxes: $17,000

(Recommended by the Board of Selectmen (5-0-0) and Budget Committee (10-0-0); and this funding is in the Capital Improvement Program as approved by the Planning Board.)

[Intent: The Town needs to complete an engineering study phase for the eventual replacement of the Westville Road Bridge over the Little River, including the possible realignment of this stretch of Westville Road. The Town has applied for the preliminary estimate work through the NHDOT Municipal Managed Bridge Aid Program.]

Yes: 715

No: 427

FIRE DEPARTMENT CAPITAL RESERVE FUND DEPOSIT

Article P-12-06: Shall the Town vote to raise and appropriate the sum of $105,000 to be added to the existing Fire Department Capital Reserve Fund? If this article fails, then article P-12-07 is null and void.

(Recommended by the Board of Selectmen (5-0-0) and Budget Committee (10-0-0); and this funding is in the Capital Improvement Program as approved by the Planning Board.)

[Intent: To continue to set aside money for future purchases of Fire Department vehicles. Putting funds aside each year will allow for orderly replacement of fire vehicles by leveling the yearly tax impact. This money can only be spent by a future vote at Town meeting. This money is invested in an interest bearing account.]

Balance of this Capital Reserve Fund is $310,057.96 as of December 31, 2011.

Text Only
Elections

New England News
Obituaries

Stocks