At the National Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., the team of meteorologists charged with predicting when and where tornadoes may strike rely on ever-changing technology to get the job done.
National Weather Center personnel Lans Rothfusz and David Andra talk about the technology meteorologists and staff use daily to keep Oklahomans safe from storms and tornadoes.
- Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- VIDEO: How sequestration could affect US flood warning system
- Warning Signs: Technology speeds disaster alerts, response
- May 11, 2013
- VIDEO: Misconceptions about predicting tornadoes
- May 9, 2013
- VIDEO: Take an inside look at storm prediction center
- May 8, 2013
- When the earth moves under our feet
- May 7, 2013
- When in a tornado, here's what not to do