Oregon and Idaho each had to shut down three water gauges due to automatic budget cuts, known as sequestration. Watch how Idaho relies on these water gauges, from tracking drought conditions to determining stream levels for salmon.
- Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- Warning Signs: Technology speeds disaster alerts, response
- VIDEO: High-tech storm prediction center warns residents of tornadoes
- May 11, 2013
- VIDEO: Misconceptions about predicting tornadoes
- May 9, 2013
- VIDEO: Take an inside look at storm prediction center
- May 8, 2013
- When the earth moves under our feet
- May 7, 2013
- When in a tornado, here's what not to do